Crispy Asparagus Straws
- 36 asparagus spears
- 4 sheets of phyllo dough, thawed
- 4 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- salt and pepper to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 425° F
- Trim ends of asparagus. Blanche asparagus in boiling salted water until lightly tender to the bite, about 3 minutes.
- Place one sheet of phyllo on a cutting board. Set aside the remaining sheets, cover with a damp towel. Brush the phyllo sheet with melted butter. Cut the sheet into nine rectangles, two cuts down from the top, two cuts across.
- Place an asparagus spear at the bottom of the short side of the rectangle with the tip sticking out from the dough by 2 inches. Sprinkle on a teaspoon of cheese. Roll up spear and seal with butter. Finish with remaining spears.
- Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with cheese, salt and pepper. Cover the exposed asparagus tips with foil. Bake until golden brown and crispy 10 to 12 minutes. Serve warm.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.