Cremini Mushroom and Roasted Garlic Rice Soup
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large sweet mild onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, divided
- 1 (6 1/2-ounce) container garlic and herb spreadable cheese
- 2 (14-ounce) cans roasted garlic seasoned chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups water, additional if desired
- 8 slices pre-cooked ready-to-serve smoked bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large non-stick stockpot over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook about 10 minutes, stirring periodically. Let mixture cool slightly. In food processor or blender, combine mushroom mixture, 1-1/2 cups rice, cheese and 1 cup broth. Pulse mixture until mushrooms are finely chopped but not pureed and mixture is thoroughly combined. Return mixture to stockpot; stir in remaining rice, broth and water. Bring to a boil; cook uncovered over medium heat 5 minutes. Heat bacon slices between paper towels in microwave according to package directions. Chop bacon and set aside. Add salt and pepper to soup to taste. To serve, ladle soup into bowls; sprinkle with bacon.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.