Creamy Red Beans and Rice with Caramelized Onions
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 16-ounce can red kidney beans, drained
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup grated Asiago cheese
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Cook rice in chicken broth for about 45 minutes. Set aside uncovered.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions; cook until onions begin to brown (about 8 minutes). Add rice, beans, sour cream, cheese and black pepper.
- Stir until well blended and cheese is melted.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.