Creamy Pesto Pasta with Smoked Pork
- 1 1/4 cups light sour cream
- 3 Tbs pesto sauce
- 12 oz angel hair pasta, (or linguine), uncooked
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 oz smoked pork loin, precooked
- 1 cup red bell peppers, sliced (one pepper)
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, (one 10-ounce package), thawed and drained
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled (1cup)
- In a small bowl, mix light sour cream and pesto together. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in boiling water.
- While pasta is cooking, spray a large nonstick pan with vegetable oil spray. Sauté garlic and smoked pork loin for 1–2 minutes. Add pepper strips to pork and cook until tender.
- Stir in drained chopped spinach and drained pasta. Crumble feta cheese over pasta.
- Toss pasta with sour cream sauce. Heat until cheese begins to melt.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.