Creamy Linguine with Asiago Cheese and Ham
- 1 cup milk, skim
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese, lowfat
- 1 Tbs cornstarch, rounded
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Asiago cheese
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 8 oz linguine, uncooked
- Vegetable oil spray
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz ham, extra lean, diced (or smoked pork loin)
- 1/2 cup peas, frozen
- Combine milk, cottage cheese and cornstarch in food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer milk mixture to a sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until sauce thickens, stirring constantly. Add Asiago cheese, pepper, and nutmeg, stir until cheese melts. Set aside.
- Cook linguine in a large pot of rapidly boiling water until done.
- While pasta is cooking, coat a large nonstick skillet with vegetable oil spray. Over medium heat, add garlic and ham; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in peas and sauté 2 more minutes. Stir in milk mixture and cook until heated.
- Pour mixture over cooked, drained pasta in a large bowl and toss. Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.