Crab Salad Niçoise
- 4 medium boiling potatoes
- 1 lb. green beans, cut into 2-in. lengths
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tlb. chives or green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 6 cups torn butter lettuce leaves (1 head)
- 1 Ib. crabmeat
- 1/4 cup small ripe black olives
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cook potatoes in boiling water 30 minutes or until tender; drain and cool 10 minutes. Cut potatoes into 1-inch chunks and place in a shallow dish.
- Cook beans in boiling water 10 minutes or until tender; drain and cool 10 minutes. Add to potatoes. Combine oil, vinegar, chives, salt and pepper in a small jar with tight-fitting lid. Shake well and pour two thirds of the dressing over potatoes, and beans.
- Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or up to 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, arrange lettuce on four plates and spoon potato/string bean mixture on top. Divide crabmeat among the plates and garnish with olives and tomatoes. Drizzle remaining dressing on top.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.