- Corn or safflower oil for frying
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 lbs flaked, cooked crab meat
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbs butter
- 12 oz Monterey Jack cheese shredded, about 3 cups
- 1 5 3/4 oz can pitted, jumbo, black olives
- 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 large tomato cut into wedges
- Tomatilo Sauce1 medium onion chopped
- 1 Tbs corn or safflower oil
- 1 lb fresh tomatillos husked or 16 ounces canned tomatillos, drained
- 1 Tbs chopped, canned, peeled, green chili
- 2 Tbs minced fresh coriander
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Sour Cream Sauce1 Cup sour cream
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh coriander or parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 chopped green onion
- Enchiladas:Heat 1/8-inch oil in a large frying pan and fry tortillas until lightly browned on the edges; drain on paper towels. Sauté onions in butter until soft. Spread about ¼ cup of the crabmeat in a ribbon on each tortilla, sprinkle with onions and about 1 tablespoon of the tomatillo sauce and roll up. Arrange seam side down in a greased baking dish. Lightly spoon tomatillo sauce over and sprinkle with cheese. Bake in a pre-heated 400 F oven for 15 minutes, or until heated through. Garnish with olives. Arrange avocado slices and tomato wedges on top. Pass the sour cream sauce.
- Tomatillo Sauce:In a frying pan, cook onion in oil until translucent, set aside. If using fresh tomatillos, cook in boiling, salted water to cover until tender, about 10 minutes; drain. Puree tomatillos in blender with just enough water to make a smooth sauce; add to onions. Add chili and coriander and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sour Cream Sauce:Mix together the sour cream, coriander or parsley, salt, garlic, and green onion.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.