Crab & Asparagus Frittata
- 1 cup small fresh asparagus pieces
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup thin red bell pepper strips
- 1/2 cup flaked crab meat (2 oz.)
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (2 oz.)
- 1 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F. Coat 10-inch nonstick skillet with ovenproof handle with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add asparagus, mushrooms, onions and bell pepper; sauté until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add crab; mix well.
- Beat eggs, water and Italian seasoning in medium bowl until blended. Stir in mozzarella cheese; pour over crab mixture in skillet. Cook over medium heat until eggs are set at edges, 5 to 8 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in 375°F oven until top is lightly browned, eggs are completely set and no visible liquid egg remains, 8 to 10 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.