Couscous with Lamb and Olives
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless, lamb stew meat, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp hot paprika
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) quartered garlic cloves
- 3 cups brown stock
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 2 cups diced carrots (1-inch)
- 1 cup olives, whole, pitted
- 1 1/3 cups couscous
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a large sauce pot or braising pan over medium high heat. Add lamb, season with salt and paprika and cook for 5-6 minutes stirring occasionally until browned on all sides. Stir in garlic and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes until golden. Pour in stock, wine and currants and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to a simmer and cook, covered, for one hour. Add carrots and olives and cook, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover, stir in couscous and parsley and cook for 15 more minutes until couscous is tender. Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.