Corned Beef & Orange-Glazed Vegetables
- 2- 1/2 to 3- 1/2 -pound boneless corned beef brisket
- 1 lb carrots, sliced (1/2-inch)
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
- Glaze:1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 tsp grated orange peel
- Place corned beef brisket in Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring just to a simmer; do not boil. Cover tightly and simmer 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours or until fork-tender.
- Combine orange juice, sugar and cornstarch in small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in butter and orange peel.
- Cook carrots in boiling water in medium saucepan 10 minutes. Add onion; continue cooking 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain; return to saucepan.
- Remove brisket from water; trim fat. Place on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Brush top of brisket with 2 tablespoons glaze. Broil 3 minutes or until glazed.
- Pour remaining glaze over vegetables; cook over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes or until glazed. Carve brisket diagonally across the grain. Serve with vegetables.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.