- oil or melted butter for the baking sheet
- 3 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 large or extra-large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- Combine the coconut, sugar, and salt in a medium-size bowl, and mix until well combined.
- Place the eggs and vanilla in another medium-size bowl, and beat at high speed with an electric mixer or a whisk for about 3 minutes, or until the eggs become a pale, creamy foam.
- Add the eggs to the coconut mixture, and combine thoroughly.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto the prepared baking sheet and bake on the center rack of the oven for 15 minutes, or until golden on the tops and edges.
- Carefully remove the macaroons from the baking sheet and transfer to a wire rack. Cool completely before serving.
Cooking Tip: You will get slightly more volume if you use extra-large eggs. This recipe can be successfully multiplied to make larger quantities.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.