- 1 14-ounce (400g) can reduced fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp powdered agar
- 20 oz plain, nonfat yogurt or vanilla soy yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (omit if using vanilla soy yogurt)
- 1 Tbs coconut rum (optional)
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- Combine coconut milk, honey and agar in a medium saucepan. Cook over low heat stirring frequently until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in yogurt, vanilla, rum and coconut. Refrigerate until well-chilled, at least 1 hour.
- Freeze mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Let glacé ripen in freezer 1 hour before serving.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.