Coconut-Crusted Pork Tenderloin Lollipops
- 1 pork tenderloin, (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup sweetened coconut, shredded
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1 Tbs fresh ginger root, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- ground black pepper
- 12 6-inch wooden skewers
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spread coconut on baking sheet. Place in heated oven and bake for 6-8 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring halfway through baking.
- Meanwhile, place honey, jam, ginger, and garlic in blender container. Cover and blend until well mixed.
- Rub tenderloin with oil; season with salt and pepper. Prepare a medium-hot fire in covered grill. Grill tenderloin, over direct heat for 5 minutes or just until entire surface is brown, turning occasionally. Adjust grill to indirect heat; generously brush entire tenderloin with honey-apricot mixture. Cover and grill over indirect heat for 15-25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160° F, brushing generously with additional honey-apricot mixture halfway through grilling. Transfer pork to cutting board. Loosely cover with foil; let rest for 10 minutes.
- Brush tenderloin again with honey-apricot mixture. Coat tenderloin in coconut, firmly pressing coconut on pork. Skewer with lollipop sticks or bamboo skewers, from the top straight through to the bottom, at 1/2-inch intervals. Slice between sticks into lollipop-shaped pieces. Pat edges of "lollipops" with remaining coconut, if necessary.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.