- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Carmelize SugarPlace sugar in small heavy saucepan. Heat over medium heat, watching carefully, until sugar is melted and turns deep golden brown. Immediately remove from heat and pour into 9-inch flan dish or pie plate. Holding dish with potholders, quickly tilt dish to coat bottom completely and evenly. Syrup will harden quickly.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Mix condensed and evaporated milks in medium saucepan; heat until very hot. Milk should be steaming but not bubbling. Meanwhile, beat eggs and vanilla in medium bowl until blended but not foamy; slowly stir in hot milk.
- Place flan dish in baking pan large enough to hold dish without touching sides of pan. Pour egg mixture into flan dish.
- Place pan on rack in center of 350°F oven; pour very hot water into baking pan to within 1/2 inch of top of flan dish. Bake until knife inserted near center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove dish from water bath at once; cool on wire rack.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.