- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 8 crosswise pieces
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs margarine, divided
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1 can (8 ounce) pineapple chunks in natural juice, undrained
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 Tbs peeled, finely chopped fresh ginger root
- 1 Tbs finely chopped fresh jalapeno pepper
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle each pork tenderloin piece with salt; press each piece to 1-inch thickness. Heat 1 tablespoon margarine in large skillet over medium heat. Add pork pieces; cook 3 to 4 minutes per side or until pork is tender. Place pork pieces on serving plate; keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon margarine and red bell pepper to same skillet; cook about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Reduce heat to low. Stir in pineapple and juice, wine, ginger root, jalapeno pepper and cinnamon; simmer until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup. Spoon pineapple mixture over cooked pork pieces; sprinkle with cilantro.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.