Cinnamon-Orange French Toast
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 Tbs freshly grated orange peel
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 8 slices day-old cinnamon-raisin bread
- Heat oven to 375°F. Beat eggs, orange juice, sugar, milk, orange peel, vanilla and nutmeg in medium bowl until blended.
- Place bread in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan, overlapping as needed. Pour egg mixture over bread. Let stand, turning once, until liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Place bread in single layer on 2 well-greased baking sheets. Bake in 375°F oven, turning once, until browned on both sides, 20 to 25 minutes.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.