Chorizo & Pepper Frittata
- 6 oz fresh chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 4 oz queso fresco, crumbled
- Coat large nonstick skillet with ovenproof handle with cooking spray. Cook chorizo over medium heat, breaking into crumbles, until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Pour off drippings. Add bell pepper to skillet; sauté until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour in eggs; mix lightly and sprinkle with cilantro. Gently scramble eggs over medium heat 1 minute. Cover and cook until eggs are almost set, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Uncover skillet; sprinkle with cheese. Broil about 6 inches away from heat until eggs are completely set in center, 2 to 3 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.