Chopped Salad with Ham and Goat Cheese
- 8 oz ham, thinly sliced, cut into bite-size strips
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1/2 tsp five-spice powder, or curry powder
- 1/2 cup pecan, halved
- 1/4 cup bottled oil and vinegar salad dressing, OR Italian salad dressing
- 2 Tbs dry sherry
- 1 10 oz package Mediterranean-style mixed salad greens, or Italian-style, torn
- 1/2 small cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup pea pods, fresh, halved crosswise
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 oz goat cheese, semi-soft or feta cheese, crumbled
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Stir in five-spice powder. Add pecans; cook and stir until nuts are toasted. Set aside. Combine salad dressing and sherry in a screw-top jar. Set aside.
- Combine salad greens, ham, cucumber, pea pods, tomatoes and toasted pecans in a large salad bowl. Shake salad dressing mixture to combine; pour over greens mixture. Toss until coated. Sprinkle with crumbled cheese.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.