Chocolate of the Gods Mousse with Raspberries and Mint
- 2 cups Hass avocados (about 2)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2-4 Tbs organic evaporated cane juice or organic sugar (optional, for the sweeter tooth)
- 2 Tbs Omega Nutrition coconut butter (optional)
- 1-2 tsp nonalcoholic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar (aged balsamic is best)
- 1/2 tsp shoyu (soy sauce)
- 1 cup pure cocoa powder (Green and Black's is choice)
- 1 pint raspberries
- handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Scharffen Berger's Cacao Nibs (optional, for garnish)
- In a food processor, blend the avocados, maple syrup, cane juice or organic sugar (if used), coconut butter (if used), vanilla, balsamic, and shoyu until smooth and creamy.
- Add the cocoa powder and blend until smooth. Sifting the cocoa powder before adding it is a good idea to prevent lumps. A simple metal strainer works well.
- Distribute half of the raspberries evenly among 4 to 8 wine goblets or martini glasses.
- Follow with a dollop of mousse, a sprinkle of mint, the remaining raspberries, and more mint. Top with cacao nibs, if desired.
Serving Suggestion: Mmmmmmm! Euphoria . . . Leftover mousse can be stored in a tightly sealed container for up to a week in the fridge or frozen for up to a month.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.