Chocolate-Dipped Cherry Treats
- 2 lbs fresh Bing cherries
- 9 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Heat chocolate over medium heat, stirring often with a wooden spoon until melted, about five minutes.
- Wash cherries with stems on and let dry. Carefully pick cherries up by the stem and dip just over half-way into the melted chocolate. Let excess chocolate drip back into the pan or bowl.
- Place on aluminum-lined cookie sheet and set in the refrigerator until the chocolate has set, about 15 minutes. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Preparation Tip: Using a cherry pitting device, carefully remove the pit going through the cherry cross-ways rather than from top to bottom. This will allow the stem to remain intact. The hole in the middle of the cherry will be covered with chocolate when dipped.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.