Chocolate Brownie Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup rolled oats cooked with 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 tsp raw, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup 1% organic milk
- 1 Tbs walnuts
- Stevia or Truvia to taste (I use about 2 packets of Stevia)
- Cook the oats with 1 1/2 cups of water until the oats are fluffy and all the water has disappeared (I do this by cooking it for 2 minutes in the microwave, stirring, and cooking it for 2 more minutes.)
- Add the cocoa powder and cinnamon to the cooked oats while they are still hot.
- Stir until everything is fully combined and your oats have a deep chocolatey color.
- Add the walnuts and the milk (you can add as much milk as you like. I use about 1/2 a cup to give the oats a nice creamy consistency).
- Add the Stevia, and stir to combine until the oats have the consistency you like.
- Enjoy the chocolatey brownie goodness of the oatmeal.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.