Chili Salsa Beef
- 1- 1/2 lbs beef for stew, cut in 1-1/4-inch pieces
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup prepared thick-and-chunky salsa
- 2 Tbs packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbs reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Brown beef in batches; pour off drippings. Return beef to pan.
- Stir in salsa, sugar, soy sauce and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until beef is fork-tender. Stir in cilantro and lime juice. Serve over rice.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.