Chili Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Apricot Ginger Glaze
- 2 pork tenderloins, (about 2 pounds total), trimmed
- Spice Rub1 Tbs chili powder
- 1 Tbs garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbs sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Glaze1 1/2 cups apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 Tbs cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- Place chili powder, garlic powder, sugar, salt and pepper in a jar; shake to blend. Rub spice mixture onto pork tenderloins. Cover tenderloins and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
- Prior to grilling, melt apricot preserves in saucepan over medium heat. Remove pan from the heat and stir in remaining glaze ingredients. Place half of the glaze in a serving bowl and hold for service.
- Prepare grill at medium-high heat. Grill pork tenderloins for 15-20 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 160° F on an instant-read thermometer. When approximately 4 minutes of cook time remains, brush the pork tenderloins with the apricot glaze remaining in the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, turn the pork tenderloins and brush glaze on other side. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove pork from the grill and let set for about 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved glaze.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.