Chili Beef Express
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) chili beans in chili sauce, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chili-style chunky tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking up into 3/4-inch crumbles. Pour off drippings; season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes and corn; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
Cook's Tip: Recipe may be doubled; prepare in Dutch oven.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.