Chickpea and Lentil Sauté with Apples and Curry
- 1-1.5 cups precooked beluga black lentils or French green lentils
- 1 16-oz can of chickpeas, rised and drained
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1.5 Tbs ginger, minced
- 1 Tbs canola or olive oil
- 2 Tbs curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1 Fuji apple chopped
- 2 Tbs chopped cilantro
- Chop the apples, onion, garlic, etc.
- In a large saucepan: Cook the onion and garlic in the oil, stirring, over medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the curry, ginger, and cayenne and cook 1 minute. Add the lentils and chickpeas and cook, stirring, 1 minute more.
- Stir in the soy sauce, raisins, and water and cook 15 min, stirring often, until all the water is absorbed. If you like softer chickpeas, cook it for up to 30 minutes. Add the apple during last 3 minutes of cooking.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.