Chicken with Garlic, Rosemary and White Beans Stew
- 1.5 lbs mixed skinless chicken parts
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 oz pearl onions, peeled and halved (or use canned or jarred)
- 3 carrots, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 oz Canadian bacon, diced
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups cooked cannelloni or Great Northern beans (or 2 19-ounce cans, drained and rinsed)
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 tablespoons dried)
- 2 cups chicken broth (or 1 14.5-ounce can + 2 tablespoons water)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large, nonstick soup pot over high heat, warm the olive oil. Add chicken and brown on all sides. Add pearl onions, carrots, garlic and Canadian bacon; sauté until onions are lightly browned. Stir in balsamic vinegar and white wine; bring to a boil and then simmer over medium-low heat until the liquid is reduced by about one third. Stir in beans, rosemary and chicken broth. Bring back to a simmer, reduce heat to low, cover and let cook for 20 minutes.
- Ladle into large bowls and serve with rustic bread and salad.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.