Chicken Taco Soup
- 1 tsp vegetable oil (5mL)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 ounce, 425g) garbanzo beans
- 1 cup corn kernels (frozen or fresh)
- 2 cups white meat chicken, cut into 1-inch (2.5cm) cubes
- 2 cups tortilla chips, reduced fat
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot. Add onion and sauté until tender.
- Add oregano, chili powder, cumin, and garlic, and sauté for one minute more.
- Add chicken broth, water, tomato sauce, and corn, and cook for about 15 minutes more.
- Add chicken pieces and garbanzo beans and bring the soup to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 more minutes, until the chicken pieces are completely cooked.
- Ladle into bowls and place about 1/3 cup tortilla chips (20g) on top of the soup. Sprinkle cilantro on top of the tortilla chips and serve.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.