Chicken Sauté with Pineapple and Lemon Grass
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 stalks lemon grass, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 1 piece ginger, about 2 inches, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 Tbs Thai fish sauce (optional)
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 Tbs cornstarch
- 4 cups fresh pineapple chunks, about 1 inch each
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbs mint, chopped
- Place chicken broth in small saucepan. Add lemon grass, ginger and lime zest. Bring to a simmer; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in fish sauce (if using); set aside.
- While the chicken broth mixture is simmering, warm vegetable oil over high heat in a large, non-stick skillet or wok. Toss chicken chunks in cornstarch. Add chicken to heated oil in two batches; sauté until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken, place on plate and set aside. Add pineapple chunks to pan and sauté quickly, about 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet or wok. Pour chicken broth into pan through strainer, separating out lemon grass, ginger and lime zest pieces. Discard these pieces. Stir over high heat until sauce reaches simmer, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 4 minutes, until sauce has thickened lightly. Add salt. Sprinkle with cilantro and mint. Serve immediately over rice or noodles.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.