Chicken Salad Tarator
- 2 - 3 cups shredded rotisserie pre-cooked chicken
- 1 cup bread cubes
- 1 cup canned chicken stock
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- In medium bowl, place bread cubes and cover with chicken stock to soak. Set aside.
- In bowl of food processor, combine walnut pieces, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt; pulse on and off to grind coarsely. Gently squeeze some of the liquid from the bread cubes; add soaked bread to food processor. Add 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and olive oil; process to combine. Add 1/4 cup of the remaining chicken stock to mixture; process to give mixture a mayonnaise-like consistency.
- Remove mixture to medium bowl. Stir in chili powder and paprika. Stir in cilantro.
- Place chicken pieces in large mixing bowl; cover with walnut mixture and stir well to coat. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; stir well to combine.
- To serve, spoon chicken salad onto large serving platter or divide equally among four plates.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.