Chicken Pita Pockets
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 Tbs dried dill weed
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 4 large pita bread loaves, halved
- Place chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound to flatten.
- To make sauce, combine ranch dressing and dill.
- In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add mushrooms and onion; cook 3 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan; set aside. Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in pan; add chicken. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until internal juices run clear. Slice into strips.
- Stuff pita bread halves with lettuce, chicken strips and mushroom mixture. Top with dill sauce. Serve with carrot sticks.
- Add one peeled, seeded and chopped cucumber to ranch dressing for extra crunch or use cucumber ranch dressing mixed with dill.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.