Chicken Paillards with Orange-Thyme Butter
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 Tbs unsalted butter, softened
- 2 Tbs almonds, ground
- 1 Tbs orange juice
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp grated orange zest
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Prepare orange-thyme butter by combining butter, ground almonds, orange juice, thyme leaves, orange zest, salt and pepper in small bowl. Mix well. Transfer onto a piece of plastic wrap. Roll into a 1-inch diameter cylinder; secure ends by twisting plastic. Chill butter until firm, about 2 hours.
- Open chicken breast halves and "butterfly" each piece by making a cut in the thickest part of the breast. Spread open chicken breasts between sheets of parchment or plastic wrap; pound to an even ¼-inch thickness to make a paillard.
- Prepare gas or charcoal grill. Sprinkle chicken breasts with additional salt and pepper; brush lightly with vegetable oil. Place on grill and cook, turning, until done throughout, about 1 - 2 minutes per side.
- To serve, top each paillard with a slice of orange-thyme butter.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.