Chicken and Pear Skillet Supper
- 1 can (16 oz. or 455g) canned pears in juice or light syrup
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, 1/4-inch (0.5cm) thick
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 3 cups mixed vegetables such as onions, red and green peppers, celery, bok choy, carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 Tbs cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp dried, crushed thyme
- In a small saucepan, add carrots to 1/4 cup (60mL) boiling water. Simmer about 2 minutes until carrots are crisp-tender. Set them aside.
- Drain pears; reserve 1/2 cup (120mL) liquid.
- Cut chicken into 2-inch (5cm) strips. Heat oil in a 10-inch (25cm) skillet or wok; quickly brown chicken over high heat. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Sauté vegetables (including carrots) and garlic until crisp-tender, being careful not to burn garlic.
- Return chicken to the pan. Combine reserved liquid, wine, soy sauce, cornstarch and thyme; mix well. pour mixture into skillet and stir-fry until sauce thickens. Add pears and gently stir-fry 1–2 minutes until pears are thoroughly heated.
- Serve over cooked white rice.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.