- 2 chicken breasts, roasted and ready-to-eat, coarsely chopped, or any other cooked chicken (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 3 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbs thyme, chopped
- 1 17 oz package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Place mushrooms in the bowl of a food processor; chop until minced. Place 1 tablespoon butter in a medium saute pan; add the mushroom pieces and cook over medium heat, stirring, about 3 minutes. Place chicken in food processor and chop until minced.
- In medium bowl, stir 2 tablespoons butter, chicken, parsley, thyme and mushrooms.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out both pieces of puff pastry. Using a pizza wheel, cut each piece in half. Spread half of the chicken mixture on one piece of puff pastry, and the remainder on the other piece. Top each with another piece of puff pastry. Using a rolling pin, lightly roll over the pastry.
- Using the pizza wheel, cut the pastry into strips, each about 1 inch by 3 inches. Lay strips on a baking sheet. Bake 5 - 6 minutes, until puffed and golden brown. Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.