- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted, cooled
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherries, drained, blotted dry, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 375°F. Generously coat 2 madeleine pans (12 cups per pan) with cooking spray; dust with flour, tapping out excess.
- Beat eggs and sugar in mixer bowl with whisk attachment on high speed until light and fluffy, 5 to 10 minutes. Beat in almond extract and vanilla.
- Fold in flour, 1/3 at a time. Fold in butter, 1/3 at a time. Fold in cherries. Spoon 2 Tbsp batter into each madeleine cup.
- Bake in 375°F oven until cookies pull away from sides of cups and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 8 to 10 minutes. Loosen cookies with tip of knife if necessary. Remove from pans immediately; cool completely on wire racks.
- Dip rounded end of each Madeleine into melted chocolate, if desired. Cool on waxed paper until chocolate is set.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.