Cheese-Topped Baked Portobello Mushrooms
- olive oil cooking spray
- 4 portobello mushrooms, stemmed
- 4 plum tomatoes, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella or soy cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a shallow baking pan with olive oil cooking spray.
- Arrange the mushrooms, gill sides up, in the pan and bake for about 15 minutes. Turn the mushrooms over and cook for 15 to 20 minutes longer or until soft. Remove from the oven and turn the mushrooms over so that gill sides face up again.
- Lay the tomato slices on top of the mushrooms. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the tomatoes soften.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms and tomatoes with basil and pepper and top with shredded cheese. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes longer or until the cheese melts. Serve right away.
Nutrition Note: Nutrition calculation based on low-fat mozzarella.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.