Cheddar Apple Crisp
- 4 cups apples (crisp and tart such as Braeburn), peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/3 plus 1/2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed, divided
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine apples, lemon juice and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Arrange in buttered 8- or 9-inch square pan. Combine dry ingredients and cut in butter until mixture is crumbly; gently mix in cheese. Sprinkle evenly over apple mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream, garnish with shredded cheese.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.