Charred Poblano Pork Quesadillas
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 cup sliced poblano peppers (1/4-inch strips)
- 1 cup sliced yellow onions (1/4-inch strips)
- 1 cup sliced olives
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 6 oz grated asadero cheese
- 1/2 lb grilled pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 8 (7-inch) whole wheat High fiber tortillas
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add pepper and onions and cook for 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until charred and tender. Mix in olives and cilantro, remove from heat and set aside.
- Place 4 tortillas on a clean surface. Sprinkle each with approximately 1 1/2 ounces of cheese, 2 ounces of pork and 1/2 cup of pepper and onion mixture. Top with remaining tortillas and cook in a nonstick sauté pan over medium heat for approximately 2 minutes on each side until cheese is melted and tortillas are lightly browned.
- Transfer cooked quesadillas to a clean cutting board and slice into wedges before serving.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.