Carolina Country Style Ribs
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs boneless country-style pork ribs
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water, cold
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs molasses, or 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbs kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- Place ribs in a large bowl or resealable plastic bag, set aside. In 4-cup glass measure, stir together vinegar, water, oil, molasses, salt, red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper until salt is dissolved. Remove 1/2 cup marinade; set aside. Add remaining marinade to ribs; seal bag and marinate for 4 - 6 hours in the refrigerator. Remove ribs from marinade; discard marinade.
- Prepare medium-hot fire; grill ribs over indirect heat for 50 to 60 minutes or until pork is tender and the internal temperature reaches 160° F. Baste ribs twice with reserved sauce mixture during last 15 minutes of grilling.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with hush puppies, corn on the cob, baked beans, and your favorite cornbread.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.