Caribbean Barbecued Pork Chops
- 8 bone-in pork rib chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 1/4 cup cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt, or sea salt
- 1 white onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 yellow plantains, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pineapple, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 8 wooden skewers
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes. Prepare medium-hot grill. Combine cumin and salt and press evenly onto both sides of pork rib chops. Add mix of vegetables and fruit to each skewer.
- Grill chops and kabobs for 8-10 minutes, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160° F and kabobs are turning to brown. Brush with honey barbecue sauce during final 5 minutes of cooking.
- Serve with white rice.
Cooking Tip: Grill the chops and the kabobs at the same time.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.