Cappelini with Fresh Clams or Mussels
- 12 oz cappellini pasta, uncooked
- 3 lbs whole mussels, (about 8 cups), scrubbed and debearded
- 1/3 cup onion or shallots, chopped
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (or more, if desired)
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Wash and scrb mussels to remove any debris on the outside of the shell. Set aside. Heat a large pot of water to boiling for the pasta.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add garlic, onion or shallots, thyme, oregano, and pepper and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until onion is soft.
- Add wine and bring to a simmer.
- Cook cappellini in the boiling water until al dente (about 3 minutes), then drain.
- Add mussels to onion and wine mixture, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the shells open. Discard any unopened shells.
- Pour pasta into a large, shallow serving dish. Pour mussels and sauce over the pasta and serve.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.