Canadian Bacon Pitas
- 3/4 lb Canadian-style bacon
- 1 cup sliced broccoli
- 1 cup sliced cauliflower
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 tsp dried summer savory
- 4 pita bread rounds, halved
- 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Slice Canadian-style bacon into 24 slices, 1/4-inch thick each. Place on rack in broiler pan. Broil 5 inches from heat for 6-8 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile cook broccoli, cauliflower and celery in boiling salted water 2 minutes; drain thoroughly. Stir in mushrooms, green onion and summer savory.
- Place 3 slices Canadian-style bacon in each pita bread half. Spoon an equal amount of vegetable mixture into each bread half; sprinkle each with 2 teaspoons cheese. Place sandwich halves on baking sheet; cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.