Canadian Bacon and Eggplant Roll-Ups
- 10 slices Canadian bacon, about 1/8-inch thick (about 10 oz.)
- 1 large eggplant, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 3-4 Tbs vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs flour
- 1- 1/2 cups milk
- dash ground pepper AND nutmeg
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbs chopped parsley
- 2-3 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese
- Wash eggplant; pare if desired; cut off stem and blossom end. Cut lengthwise into 10 thin slices. Brush slices lightly with oil and saute a few at a time in a 10-inch frypan until tender. Set aside. Measure 1 tablespoon of oil into frypan; stir in flour, add milk; cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens. Season with pepper and nutmeg. Combine ricotta cheese and parsley. Lay one slice of bacon on each eggplant slice. Lap on small eggplant slice over a larger slice. Spoon a rounded tablespoon of cheese over eggplant and bacon. Roll around cheese and place seam-side-down in an 11x7-inch baking dish. Pour sauce over eggplant rollups. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake in a 375 degree F. oven for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.