California-Style Grilled Pizzetta
- Dough1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/4 tsp granulated sugar
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- Topping3 cups roasted red bell peppers, sliced into 2-inch strips
- 2 cups (12 oz.) fresh mozzarella cheese, chopped
- 2 cups olives, halved
- 1 1/2 cups arugula, thinly sliced into ribbons
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together water, yeast, sugar and 1 cup of flour evenly combined. Allow to rest in a warm environment for 10-15 minutes until mixture begins to look bubbly on top.
- Mix in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and salt, then knead in flour 1 cup at a time. Cover bowl, and allow dough to rise in a warm spot for 1 hour. After dough has risen, punch down and transfer to a lightly floured surface.
- Divide into 6 (4-5 oz.) pieces and shape into balls. Allow to rest for 10-15 minutes, then, using a rolling pin, flatten each ball into a thin 7-inch disc.
- Preheat grill on high heat. Brush each disc with remaining olive oil, then slide onto grill (oil side down). Cook for 3-4 minutes over high heat, then transfer to a clean cutting board or plate with the cooked side facing up.
- Top each pizzetta crust with 1/2 cup of roasted peppers, 2 ounces of mozzarella and 1/3 cup of olives. Slide onto grill, cover and cook over medium-high heat for 4 minutes until dough is crisp and cheese is melted. Remove to a clean cutting board, sprinkle with arugula and cut into quarters.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.