California Ripe Olive, Rainbow Chard,and Tomato Gratin
- 1 tsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup coarse bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 2 lbs rainbow chard
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup olives, halved
- Combine butter, breadcrumbs and asiago cheese in a small bowl and set aside. Remove chard leaves from stalks and chop each separately. Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium, add chard stalks and cook for 4-5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Stir in garlic, chard leaves, salt and oregano and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes until leaves are fully wilted and stalks are tender. Mix tomatoes and olives into chard and remove from heat. Pour chard mixture into a greased 9" by 9" baking pan and sprinkle with cheese and breadcrumb mixture. Place under a preheated broiler for 3-4 minutes until top is golden brown.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.