Cajun Pork Pinwheels
- 2 pork tenderloins, 1 pound each
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper, ground
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbs fennel seed, crushed
- 1-3 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- Using sharp knife, cut lengthwise slit down center of 1 pork tenderloin almost to, but not through, bottom of tenderloin. Open tenderloin so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Working from the center to edges, lightly pound tenderloin with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick; remove plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining tenderloin.
- Heat oven to 325° F. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add red bell pepper, onion, celery, thyme, garlic salt, red pepper and paprika; cook about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender; stirring frequently. Spread vegetable mixture evenly over each flattened tenderloin to within 1 inch of edges. Starting with shortest side, roll up; secure edges of each roll with toothpicks or tie each with string. In small bowl combine fennel seed and lemon-pepper; press mixture onto top and sides of each tenderloin roll. Place rolls seam-side down on rack in shallow pan. Roast for about 45 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 160° F. Let rolls stand 5 minutes. Remove toothpicks or string; slice.
Serving Suggestion: Try these tenderloin pinwheels with rice pilaf and grilled zucchini.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.