Butternut Squash and Olive Risotto
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs chopped sage
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 cups vegetable broth, heated
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup sliced olives
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- Heat olive oil in a large high-sided sauté pan over medium heat. Add butternut squash, garlic, sage and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden. Stir in Arborio, then pour in white wine.
- Continue to stir over medium-high heat until fully absorbed. Combine broth and water and pour into pan, a 1/2 cup at a time, continuing to stir until all of the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender (approximately 20 minutes). Mix in olives and parmesan cheese and top with almonds. Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.