Butterflied Leg of Lamb with Barcelona Dill Marinade
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons white wine tarragon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pimento
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 6 pounds American Lamb leg, boned and butterflied
- In medium bowl, blend olive oil, water, vinegar, capers, onion, pimento, parsley, dill weed, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In 13 x 9-inch non-metallic dish, place lamb and pour over marinade. Cover and refrigerate, marinating for 4 to 6 hours.
- To BroilBroil lamb 5 to 6 inches from heat, 35 to 45 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Turn leg once during broiling time.
- To GrillCook over medium-hot coals. Grill lamb 6 inches from coals for 40 to 50 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Turn leg once during grilling time. Check meat internal temperature: 145° F for medium-rare, 160° F for medium, or 170° F for well. Once meat is done cover and let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Internal temperature will rise about 10 degrees.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.