Bulgur with Olive Oil and Lemon
- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- finely minced fresh parsley (optional)
- Place the bulgur in a medium-small bowl.
- Pour in the water and cover the bowl with a plate. Let stand 30 minutes
- Stir in the olive oil and lemon juice, and add a little salt to taste.
- Stir in the parsley and serve warm or at room temperature.
Serving Suggestion: You can prepare this the day before and reheat in a microwave-or you can make it after work and eat it the same day. It keeps for up to a week if tightly covered and refrigerated.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.