Buffalo-Style Beef Tacos
- 1 pound ground beef (95% lean)
- 1/4 cup cayenne pepper sauce for Buffalo wings
- 8 taco shells
- 1 cup thinly sliced lettuce
- 1/4 cup reduced fat or regular prepared blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- carrot and celery sticks or cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking up into small crumbles. Pour off drippings, if necessary. Stir in pepper sauce. Cook and stir 1 minute or until heated through.
- Meanwhile heat taco shells according to package directions.
- Evenly spoon beef mixture into taco shells. Add lettuce; drizzle with dressing. Top evenly with carrot, celery and cilantro. Garnish with carrot and celery sticks or cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Cook's Tip: One quarter cup prepared ranch dressing combined with 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese may be substituted for blue cheese dressing.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.