Bowtie Shrimp Pasta & Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1 lb shrimp
- 10 oz farfale (bowtie pasta)
- 1 cup cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 red pepper, julienne cut
- 2 Tbs capers
- Red Wine Vinaigrette3 to 4 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 to 1 tsp red pepper, dried, crushed
- 1/2 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook shrimp in a large pot of boiling water until opaque. Remove from water with a skimmer and rinse under cold running water; set aside. Reserve cooking water for cooking pasta, if desired. Cook pasta as directed. Rinse under cold water. Drain thoroughly. Combine shrimp and pasta in a large bowl. Add cucumber, green onions, red pepper and capers.
- Red Wine VinaigretteShake or beat vinegar, oregano, garlic, crushed red pepper, olive oil and salt and pepper together until well mixed. Pour dressing over shrimp and pasta; toss to mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours to blend flavors. Serve cold; with or without greens.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.